Meeting Tuesday 7 July 2020 (Note new venue)

Tony Ong
Club Member

Meeting Tuesday 7 July 2020 (Note new venue)

Post by Tony Ong » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi all
Trust everyone has stayed safe and sane through the C19 lockdown. With WA's easing of regulations, we are now able to start up our monthly meetings.
Please note this meeting, we have a new venue. We're moving across the carpark to the other hall. Details as below.

Swan River Rowing Club
2 The Esplanade
Mt Pleasant.

Swan River Rowing Club is the hall between our old venue and Canning Highway.

The committee has decided to implement some measures over the next few meetings to make sure that we are complying with government regulations. By the time the meeting comes around, a lot of these measures will not be necessary.
We will be taking a register of attendance the next few meetings. Leon has printed out a membership list, and it's a matter of ticking of people as they walk through the door. Any visitors, or prospective members will be asked to leave some contact details.
You will notice that there won't be any nibbles at the next few meetings. Drinks will be handed out by Graeme. Please don't dive into the eskies.
If we could have some guys volunteer at the end of the night. We'll do a quick wipe down of the hall before we lock up.
If there's anything I've missed, please let me know, and I'll add onto here.

Down to club business.
This month, we have a couple of interesting talks.
We have a presentation from Dr Daniel Yeoh from Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development. Dr Yeoh has been involved in a research project down at the Walpole Nornalup Inlet the last few years. They have been studying movement of various species in the system via various methods. Bream and snapper are a couple of species that they focused on. One of the methods of data collection was the use of acoustic tagging. Some interesting information here.
The second talk is by club member Mark Coombes. Mark was in New Zealand in January. Based in the north of South Island, Mark and co main focus was on King Fish on the flats. This is a shore based fishery.

Hope to see you there.

Tony Ong
Club Member

Re: Meeting Tuesday 7 July 2020 (Note new venue)

Post by Tony Ong » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Forgot to mention July field day is lower swan. At this stage, meeting point is Point Walter boat ramp. Marty and Andre will be along soon to mention all other details.

Hirdy
Club Member

Post by Hirdy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:50 pm

I will not be casting in the park before this meeting. I'm recuperating from abdominal surgery and I'm not allowed to do anything strenuous for a few more weeks.

See you at the meeting though.

Cheers
Graeme
IFFF Certified Casting Instructor

Tony Ong
Club Member

Post by Tony Ong » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Are you using Aldi liquor to keep the wound clean. Ingested so it works on the inside. :lol:

Hirdy
Club Member

Post by Hirdy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:20 pm

Of course! Need you ask?

(Try their range of gins. They are very good.)

BrianHarwood
Club Member

Post by BrianHarwood » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:50 pm

Hirdy have you ever thought that consuming that gut rot may have got you into this problem in the first Place ;) ;) :roll: :D

peter birch

Post by peter birch » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:01 pm

I hope the barmaids are better looking at the new clubhouse, might convince me to come out on a cold nite.
And Aldi gin is good for cleaning your 2 stroke carby, with a fragrant smell.

daniel horne
Club Member

Post by daniel horne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:30 am

Maybe this is where Iv been going wrong haha

Hirdy
Club Member

Post by Hirdy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:02 pm

BrianHarwood wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:50 pm Hirdy have you ever thought that consuming that gut rot may have got you into this problem in the first Place ;) ;) :roll: :D
Nah, I've had the problem for longer than Aldi has been in Western Australia. :D

Birchy, unless you like beards, the barmaid hasn't gotten any prettier. ;)

Tony Ong
Club Member

Post by Tony Ong » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Aldi Gin will fix that. :P