Albany - Emu Point

Diarmuid O Laoghaire
Club Member

Albany - Emu Point

Post by Diarmuid O Laoghaire » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi lads,

heading down to Albany on Thursday for the weekend and staying at Emu Point. The point there looks fishy, never been there before so any advice on the area? I take it I can fish there? I should get out for some early morning fish while I am waiting on everyone else to wake up.

Cheers,

Dee :)

peter birch

Re: Albany - Emu Point

Post by peter birch » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:09 am

Taking the yak?

Diarmuid O Laoghaire
Club Member

Post by Diarmuid O Laoghaire » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:04 pm

No, she's not a dedicated fishing holiday. The old man is over visiting so more a family holiday with the kids and my brothers family.

peter birch

Post by peter birch » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:01 pm

The tide can rip pretty fast there,the flats out behind the swimming enclosure might be worth a try for whiting or bream.

Tony Ong
Club Member

Post by Tony Ong » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Sneak up the King or Kalgan on foot. Early recon for the field day.

Diarmuid O Laoghaire
Club Member

Post by Diarmuid O Laoghaire » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Ended up loosing a big big whiting, that was about it. Walked out all over the flats but it wasnt even ankle deep in places with low tide in the morning. Came off it then when it started pushing in quickly as I wasnt familiar with the area and didnt want to get caught out there cos I was a fair way out. I reckon it may have fired up a bit with the flood at some stage. Fished a few drop offs but nothing but blowies.

Bumped into a guy called Greg Marshall when I was walking the beach on the way down to Emu Point. He says hello to Gavin and one of the Steve's. I think Steve's wife or sister was his wifes bridesmaid or something like that.

Dee :)