Ningaloo in late May\June

Bren

Ningaloo in late May\June

Post by Bren » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi All,
Any flies that are a must have for the area? I have read on this forum to arm myself with the fat boy olive over white, some deceivers, chart\white Olive\White and use the SL 2\0 for most anything so far.
What about squimps and stuff like that? The bones will be gone by this time wont they? I'm spending time at Warroora, Ningaloo Station and then Yardie Ck. pretty much a whole month. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty Useless in the salt but I LOVE it!
I'd like to have a day with one of the guides just to get oriented but that's not until my 3rd week up there so help please???? any articles I missed point me in the right direction. I'm taking some DNA to tie with for emergencies and maybe a bit of EP crustacean brush or something of the like.
I bow to your vast fount of knowledge ;)
Thanks,
Bren

mat uchino
Club Member

Re: Ningaloo in late May\June

Post by mat uchino » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm

Tie about a hundred white bucktail clousers with red thread.

Rohan
Club Member

Post by Rohan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Essential flies...Tan over white clousers in #1 for bones etc, chartruese or yellow oner white clousers in 2/0 for goldens etc, squimps are woth adding. Merkin crab flies including the avalon style merkins sometimes called Sparwolfs, for permit and spanglies, then baitfish flies such as synthetic deceivers , fatboys etc or some standard leftys deceivers. Maybe the odd pooper fly for fun.

Stephen Bradbury
Club Member

Post by Stephen Bradbury » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi Bren, I have given my best answer at the tail end of Michael Gardiner's 'Fat boy' thread in this section. With the Shrimp/crab style flies I can only vouch for what has worked for me and that is a Size 1 tan/yellow legged merkin style crab (similar to sparwolf crab described by Rohan) and a size 2 ultimate shrimp which has done particularly well for me and is up on the tying section of our website now. :D
Good luck with the trip, great time of year to be up there !

Steve

Chris Hedges
Club Member

Post by Chris Hedges » Sat May 14, 2016 6:20 pm

Hi Bren,
I will be at Ningaloo station- South Lefroy,camp 4- from the 28/5 to the 6/6, drop in and say hello if you want and are there at the same time.
Chris