Boneheads 2014 Wrap

GDay
Club Member

Boneheads 2014 Wrap

Post by GDay » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:21 pm

Boneheads 2014 ended up with 59 species, bringing to 189 the cumulative species over the years. The Exmouth average is 61 species.
There were 8 new species this year including the iconic Barramundi (Dave Bailey) and Sailfish (Leon Normore, Chris Patey, Steve Bradbury, Ross Italiano, Peter Morse, Tony Ong). 3 Black marlin were also caught by Tony Ong, Arnold Tucker and Peter Morse.
The weather was divine - plenty of sun for the sight casting with light winds and excellent water clarity.
As expected the giant herring were plentiful in the gulf due to the cooler water.
The tuna were a bit scant unfortunately but some long tails and macks were landed.
Large queenies were abundant however not always in the mood to chase or eat a fly.
Billfish were in large numbers off the west coast - Ross's boat focused on these and managed to raise 52, hook 19 and land 8.
Arnold Tucker won the award for the most meritorious capture with a +2metre black marlin that took him 2 hours to land and an hour to revive. Rohan was on board doing the teasing duties.
As usual there was some rod carnage so Rohan will be busy this week processing warranty claims no doubt.
Till next year...tight lines.
Gav

Dave Bailey
Club Member

Re: Boneheads 2014 Wrap

Post by Dave Bailey » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Thanks again for a fantastic job organising the trip Gav!

Special thanks to Eric, Brian & Belly for sharing a villa with me, and Belly for doing a great job as decky - really enjoyed your company 8-)

Tony Ong
Club Member

Post by Tony Ong » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:46 am

A big thank you to Gavin for organizing this years boneheads. Accommodation at Exmouth Escape is first class. Whalers restaurant dinner night was great. Some of the dinners took a while to come out, but to be fair, they had 30 odd hungry blokes rock up in one go. Unlike some organizers in the past, Gav remembered to book the all day glass off. :lol:
To the captain and crew of the good ship Strip Strike, many thanks for a fantastic trip. Never thought we'ld stick to fishing for billies 7 days straight, but man were there a lot of fish out there this year.
To everyone at Boneheads this year, many thanks for the great company. The only thing missing was a bonfire to sit around for our nightly talk and roundup.
Hey Dave, does Belly bring along his own cabin boy oil. :P

BrianHarwood
Club Member

Post by BrianHarwood » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks Gav A job well done.

For my part an expensive trip :x :x :x

Thanks to Dave, and Dave for the good company.
Eric Team Vikings bush mechanic skills,and for His decky duties however short.
And Belly for a fun day walking even though I was a surly Bastard.

Tony, Eric was up stairs with Mr Bell.
As they say what happens in the mezenine stays up in the mezinine. :oops: :oops:

Dave Bailey was far to ocupied catching fish, to mess around with oil

MattGoodall

Post by MattGoodall » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:03 pm

Cheers for Organizing everything Gav, Was an awesome trip, learnt a lot caught some great fish,meet some more
great guys what more do u want :) Exmouth definitely blew my mind and can't wait to get back and do more.

MichaelG

Post by MichaelG » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:20 am

I had an absolutely awesome time and met some great people. Cant wait for the next one