Morsie's 2019 Casting Clinics

Hirdy
Club Member

Morsie's 2019 Casting Clinics

Post by Hirdy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:30 pm

G'day guys,

Peter Morse is visiting Perth to run two casting clinics on the weekend of the 12th and 13th of October. I’ll be on hand to help him out too, but you’re probably not coming to see me … :)

On the 12th, we are helping out less-experienced casters with a “beginner to intermediate” level casting clinic. This clinic will focus on:
  • Basic casting
  • Understanding and selecting gear
  • Dealing with wind
  • Starting to double haul
  • The roll cast
  • Any other skills that you seem to be ready for or ask about.
On the 13th, it's the turn of “intermediate to advanced” casters to absorb the wisdom of the Master caster himself. In this clinic, we’ll deal with:
  • Refining the double haul
  • Distance casting
  • Accuracy casting
  • Single Hand Spey Techniques (including dynamic roll casts)
  • Advanced methods of dealing with wind.
  • Any other skills that you seem to be ready for or ask about.
How would you choose the most appropriate clinic? If you’re double hauling your casts and reaching 80’ pretty regularly, then you’re an advanced caster. If you haven’t quite got the hang of the double haul and the wind on your casting side sends you to the pub, you’re a beginner to intermediate level caster.

Morsie is great at finding the aspect of your casting that is holding your progress up, so regardless of your skill level, you’ll get something out of this. It’s certainly better than spending heaps on new gear each year!

The cost is $150 per clinic. We start at 8:30 and finish at 4:00 each day. BYO gear, of course, but Morsie will also have some neat stuff with him and if yours really is not up to the task, you’ll be using his stuff.

A $50 deposit will be required when you sign up.

Cheers,
Graeme
IFFF Certified Casting Instructor

Alex K
Club Member

Re: Morsie's 2019 Casting Clinics

Post by Alex K » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:54 am

Thanks Graham

I haven't joined you at Troy park before so could you let me know where abouts along the park to meet up, eg boat ramp end ?

Alex