Any one experienced with Panga style boats?

Tony Ong
Club Member

Re: Any one experienced with Panga style boats?

Post by Tony Ong » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:25 pm

MattGoodall wrote:I reckon if u could try and test drive a few boats and see what u think and what u want with lay out. Tony said definitely get the most fishing space with a tiller steer. But it is really nice having a steering wheel and not being right at the back of the boat. Who knows i should stop rambling and go ty some flys haha.
Hence the term tinny arse. :D My chiro did very well out of me. There's a few places that offer mods to do fold away hitches. Hoping to get this done to my trailer. If only the garage was another meter longer. :x

MattGoodall

Post by MattGoodall » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:39 pm

how'd u u go rick ?

Rick

Post by Rick » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Hey mate decided to pull back from the Goodwin. I believe its the same with boats as with houses....don't buy the first one that catches you're eye right?

Currently Im thinking about a poly boat but not a polycraft. There's a little 4.2m poly boat on the market called a smart wave 4200 which has caught my eye. Quiet, strong and unsinkable but a bit more expensive than the average 4.2 tinny as it will be brand new as very few are actually out there unlike the PC's. The Smart Waves appear to have a really good hull design, and are some what lighter. The 4.1 Polly craft is 300kg to the Smartwaves 220kg.

Will be a while before I can pull the trigger anyway and buy then I've probably baulked at the cost, chickened out and gone the cheaper option of a PA14...heaps on gumtree atm for some reason.

Am trying to stay strong......

MattGoodall

Post by MattGoodall » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Good stuff mate i have seen those smart waves they look cool.
Stay positive mate and hang in there and go for the boat will be 100 times better than a hobie, It will
be worth the wait mate hang in there. My project took a good year and was soooo worth the wait to have what i wanted
don't just go for the cheaper option that will do wait for what u want, so worth it. Good luck if ur ever down south let me know
can take u out. Cheers

Rick

Post by Rick » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:29 am

Thanks for the support Mat...there are times when my resolve does waiver. I watched the build up of your project with interest, nice rig you ended up with, can understand why you put the effort in. If I find my way down your way, would give you a call for sure, be good to see your finished product.

MattGoodall

Post by MattGoodall » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:23 pm

Cheers mate, need to put up some more pics withs added hand rail and bow rails, windscreen looking good now.
No doubt just let me know, finally powered up the sounder tonight hopefully test it this coming week.