Boat conversion...

MattGoodall

Re: Boat conversion...

Post by MattGoodall » Thu May 21, 2015 6:13 am

Well getting closer to painting the hull. If anyone ever says painting a hull doesn't take time oh my :) Well
the transom looks like it has been shot with a shotgun. So most of the holes have been patched now besides the
engine ones.
IMG_2949.jpg
A few patches that weren't done well were ripped up and re patched..
IMG_2951.jpg
How hard is it to sand the hull before u repair something. Would have saved me a lot of work as all the sides of the patches
were lifting up. Made the cloth go further along the keel so should had some good protection as well.
IMG_2952.jpg
Getting there almost time to give it the once over sand down before ready for painting. And i haven't even started the fit out inside the boat. Should be finished for the dead of winter perfect :)

wade stenhouse

Post by wade stenhouse » Thu May 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Hope you have an electric sander bro. Lol

MattGoodall

Post by MattGoodall » Thu May 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Yep good ol right arm haha. Nah do have one good for the high spots :) wish i was fishing already though :)

Dave Bailey
Club Member

Post by Dave Bailey » Fri May 22, 2015 9:21 am

Very impressive Matt - good on you. I too would like to have the skills to take something like this on. Look forward to seeing the final product. 8-)

DNYE

Post by DNYE » Fri May 22, 2015 9:48 am

Will look awesome when its done mate, ive got a pretty good little makita orbital sander that you're more than welcome to borrow if you need one.

MattGoodall

Post by MattGoodall » Fri May 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Cheers guys will be good to have it done for any of u that visit South. A lot to do still but can't wait till it's finished :)

Dan smith

Post by Dan smith » Sat May 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi matt as a boatbuilder I would say you are lucky to be doing that as I love my trade and working boats grinding wat ever I think is a real pleasure, from wat I can see as your conversion the most important thing I would be thinkin of is the size of the donk going on the back as there will always be a lot of weight added in any conversion especially composte boats like yours, if you need any help mate sing out ahe

MattGoodall

Post by MattGoodall » Sun May 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Hey mate got a 40 marina was on there before. I think from cutting the screen away the only added weight will be the centre console and maybe cast deck I don't think it will be heaps more weight but a 50 or 60 would be the go :)

MattGoodall

Post by MattGoodall » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Well there hasn't been a lot of progress as of late because of the wife doing her last study prac to be a teacher and looking after my little girl. So now time to get this boat cracking as i am getting so sick of glass out days and not having a boat :)
IMG_3012.jpg
Finally finished sanding last week and just sprayed on some fresh paint with help from the Old man. Man has it transformed it already looks awesome. Painting the trailer tomorrow than once the boat is dry back on the trailer and time to start the inside fit out.
IMG_3010.jpg
Getting there :) at least it will soon be moveable.

DNYE

Post by DNYE » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Looking awesome mate!