American Exchange Student looking for Fish

troy
Club Member

Re: American Exchange Student looking for Fish

Post by troy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:17 pm

Stripers are cool fish and would love to target them one day.

Keep in touch with your travels north, I will either be in Carnarvon or in Exmouth during the period your heading north and be happy to catch up

cheers Troy

ctokowicz

Post by ctokowicz » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 pm

thanks for the recent replies guys. I havnt been out fishing much as uni has started but might go poke around neil McDougall park for some carp. As for the snakes, thats pretty scary, ill just tred lightly and keep an eye out for em. One question, does anyone know a reputable 4wd hire? My girlfriend have a whole trip up to exmouth planned we are just struggling to find a place to rent a 4x4. Also for the wading up in exmouth, what would cut it? I am kind of on a tight budget but could maybe buy some cheap boots. Let me know what you think would be a good substitute instead of some expensive wading boots, or perhaps there are some cheap quality wading boots? Thanks again everyone.

Hirdy
Club Member

Post by Hirdy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:22 pm

G'day Chad,

Boots: I am happy to use those neoprene slip-on boots with the hard rubber soles. They are about $70 or so and seem to last a very long time under conditions that are "normal" for us.

Car hire: Hertz, Avis, Budget etc. all hire 4WD vehicles but they are going to be expensive. Landcruisers and Patrols. (You won't need a 4WD for most places though. Access to most shore-based spots can be done with a normal road car, especially on the Ningaloo side.)

Don't tread lightly to avoid snakes. Make as much noise as you can so you don't sneak up on one. Heavy steps will send them packing.

Cheers,
Graeme
IFFF Certified Casting Instructor

ctokowicz

Post by ctokowicz » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Awesome thanks for the advice Graeme. Another question for you, How did you buy one of those Wade Fly reels? I have emailed the company probably a million times asking to buy one and they have not responded.

Additionally, have you ever heard of Australian 4wd hire? We are thinking of going with them however we cannot find any reviews or anything and they require a hefty security deposit so we dont wanna get scammed out of our money. Thanks again for the advice and hope i can fish a day or two will yall up at boneheads. If not, have an unreal time !

Hirdy
Club Member

Post by Hirdy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:08 pm

Wade (Stealth) were not very good at selling their stuff. I really had to work to buy them. Try emailing Gareth Adams at gadams@stealth.co.za.

Although they are pretty good reels, the fact that the company is so hard to even buy a reel from does not bode well for any claim on warranty or to get spare parts. Don't be too upset if you can't buy one - plenty of other great reels out there for similar or less money, e.g. Danielsson.

Sorry, I have never dealt with Aussie 4WD.

Cheers,
Graeme
IFFF Certified Casting Instructor