Last Frontier Fishing, Mahakam, East Borneo, Kalimantan_ Masheer & Hampala

Rubin

Last Frontier Fishing, Mahakam, East Borneo, Kalimantan_ Masheer & Hampala

Post by Rubin » Wed May 31, 2023 3:57 pm

Hi all,

Admin, trust okay to post here, am hoping this would be of interest to any Flyrodders members here. I've booked with a couple of other ffishers from Perth a fishing adventure of a lifetime to Mahakam, East Borneo, Kalimantan.

Week 1 - (7 - 14 July '23) will be targetting the enigmatic Red Kaloi. Of the original crew of 4, one has bailed out, so there is space for one more. Fishing is best described by a Singaporean fisho Mervyn Tan who's recently been there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYO9TgMsHZY

Week 2 - (14 - 21 July '23) I was going to extend the trip for another week to target Masheer and Hampala. A friend from KL who was supposed to join me, unfortunately, is now unable to make it.

Fajar Setawan, (in the video clip) will be hosting the trip. To make it worth his while said, if I could find a replacement, he'll offer us both a discounted rate for week 2. It would be a real shame to pass on this one-off offer. I have fished for Masheer n Hampala in Sabah and Sarawak; by all account Mahakam is really an untapped fishery.

I'd love for someone here to join me on an opportunity of a lifetime. Airasia return Perth - Jakarta is cheap as, the outfitter will arrange all the logistics and internal transfers. Should you have any queries, please feel PM me. Looking forward to hearing from you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDCaLEffhGw

Regards...Rubin

Liam Surridge
Club Member

Re: Last Frontier Fishing, Mahakam, East Borneo, Kalimantan_ Masheer & Hampala

Post by Liam Surridge » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:35 pm

Hi Rubin.

This looks like an amazing trip. Have you been able to find someone to join?

Looking forward to hearing how things go and your report back on return.

Regards,
Liam