WEIPA OCT 2017

Stephen Bradbury
Club Member

WEIPA OCT 2017

Post by Stephen Bradbury » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Hey guys, as some of you would be aware a group of us recently did a flyfishing trip to Weipa, although the conditions were tough with plenty of unseasonal green dirty water on the beaches and westerly winds that limited the sight fishing options plenty of fun was still had. Alan Philliskirk runs 'Fish's Fly & Sportsfishing' charters out of Weipa and if you haven't tried his operation out do yourself a favour and book a trip, I can thoroughly recommend it. Although we missed out on catching a couple of the marquee species for up that way (Permit & Bluebastards) we caught 36 different species for the trip with some outstanding captures ticking a few fish off our bucket lists. We will do a talk on this trip at the club meeting early next year, but for now here is a few photos to wet your appetite. Some of the other boys will no doubt add a couple of their own pics. :)
Attachments
Threadfin Salmon finally ticked off for me !
Threadfin Salmon finally ticked off for me !
Barra
Barra
Diamond Trevally
Diamond Trevally

Stephen Bradbury
Club Member

Re: WEIPA OCT 2017

Post by Stephen Bradbury » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:08 am

A couple more of the better fish pics. Dave with a huge Threadie and Roger with over a meter of Queenie. :D
Attachments
Daves Threadie.jpg
Rogers Queenie.jpg

Brad Yates

Post by Brad Yates » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:28 am

That place is on the bucket list for sure. One of those worm hatches would be epic to fish up that way for milkies

Stephen Bradbury
Club Member

Post by Stephen Bradbury » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:57 pm

We saw loads of big Milkies every day, unfortunately just like Exmouth every cast at them was given the middle fin ! :shock: :(

Dave Bailey
Club Member

Post by Dave Bailey » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 am

I echo Steve's comments - Fish runs a very professional operation. Guides, boats, accomodation, food and the fishery are all top notch! Definitely worth a visit if you get a chance.

Tony Ong
Club Member

Post by Tony Ong » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:02 am

Great trip made better with good company. Best thing was Steve buggered up the fishing roster, so I didn't have to fish with him for the week. :P
More pics to come, but thought I'ld throw up one of man cuddling.
WEI17-8758.JPG