Boneheads 2015

DNYE

Re: Boneheads 2015

Post by DNYE » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi All,

Just saw online that Qantas are having their "explore australia" sale, which means that the tickets to exmouth between 9th May - 25th June and 22nd july - 16th september are only $160 each way.

On saturday the 9th and then as of monday the 11th the flight home is only $160.

Thought this may come in handy for some of you who are flying up/back, or just even considering a bit of a fishing fix later on the year.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airline ... aloo/au/en

-Dave

peter birch

Post by peter birch » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:49 pm

I need a deckie.still looking????
Last edited by peter birch on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

GDay
Club Member

Post by GDay » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Guys - 16+Morsie confirmed for the trip.
I need to know by early next week if there are any more intending to join the trip as units are filling fast at the resort. I have one on standby awaiting any late deciders.
FYI I called Bluewater Exmouth today and all the ramps survived the recent cyclone so no issues there.
Pls call me on 0459199919 if you intend to join Boneheads but haven't yet paid a deposit.
cheers
Gavin

Glenn
Club Member

Post by Glenn » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi all,
I'm considering taking my 3.45m Quintrex Trophy Hornet to Boneheads. It has 40 hp two stroke, carries 40l of fuel underfloor and has fwd and rear carpeted casting decks. Trouble is, like Birchie, I need crew.

Anyone interested? Failing that, I can crew for Birchie or anyone else needing assistance.

I am also looking for a co driver. Taking my Cruiser (V8 Diesel) so there is plenty of room for all our gear. Leaving early on the morning of May 1st and planning to drive straight through to Exmouth with lots of rest breaks in between. Heading back the same way the Sunday afterwards.

PM me if interested.
Regards,
Glenn.

peter birch

Post by peter birch » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Rumour has it you would make a great (boat) bitch. :) :) :) you going to the meeting.?

Glenn
Club Member

Post by Glenn » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:26 pm

Meeting?
Is there a meeting?
Glenn

ash

Post by ash » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Gday boneheads,

I'll be heading north with you guys this year for my first trip to exxy.... Im as excited as all hell! My plan was to leave on the friday and be fishing by lunchtime on saturday. Ill be bringing my hobie kayak and plan to fish from it as much as possible, the exmouth gulf sounds perfect for that. Is anyone else planning to fish from kayak?

I would be stoked to head out on someones boat also. I cant quite put my hand up to be a full time "boat bitch" but if a couple of days are free ill happily split costs and put on the evenings beers....

Tackle wise im taking a good quality 10 and 8 weight with back ups.... Probably a 7 too for just messing around... Does this sound about right? Both will be running tropical sink tips...

Cheers for any advice guys, wish this month would go faster

Cheers
Ash

Hirdy
Club Member

Post by Hirdy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:43 am

Glenn wrote:Meeting?
Is there a meeting?
Glenn
First Tuesday of every month the club meets up at the Rowing club at Canning Bridge. April 7th is the next one. Of course, with this one being the last before the trip, we'll split off from the non-boneheads for a sub meeting at some stage.

(This month is the club tackle auction, so bring some cash for the bargains ...)
IFFF Certified Casting Instructor

Hirdy
Club Member

Post by Hirdy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:20 am

ash wrote:Gday boneheads,

I'll be heading north with you guys this year for my first trip to exxy.... Im as excited as all hell! My plan was to leave on the friday and be fishing by lunchtime on saturday. Ill be bringing my hobie kayak and plan to fish from it as much as possible, the exmouth gulf sounds perfect for that. Is anyone else planning to fish from kayak?

Tackle wise im taking a good quality 10 and 8 weight with back ups.... Probably a 7 too for just messing around... Does this sound about right? Both will be running tropical sink tips...

Cheers for any advice guys, wish this month would go faster

Cheers
Ash
This year is the first time I'm not taking my yak with me, but I know Dan is taking his and Glenn has one that he normally fishes from, but as you see from above, he may take the boat instead.

There are many options available as a yakker up there: you're going to LOVE it!!! Gulf side or west side, both are fine from the yak. You just choose based on the weather forecast.

10 and 8 are fine. Tropical sink tips? Do you mean intermediate sink tips or fast sinking? Intermediate sink tip would be best if you're only planning to have one style. (I'm a line slut: I tend to take 3x10wts with F, F/I and integrated sinking and 2x8wts with F and F/I plus a 6wt F on the Pro Angler ...)
Last edited by Hirdy on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
IFFF Certified Casting Instructor

Dave Bailey
Club Member

Post by Dave Bailey » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:30 am

Hi Ash,

That gear sounds fine to me.

Worth bringing a full sinking line (preferably for the 10 weight) too if you have one. This can get a bit of use in some boat fishing situations. Having said that, a tropical sink tip is the first line I would pick for Exmouth and will cover most options.

When I am out in the boat I will usually have 2 rods rigged with these lines on them.

Cheers,

Dave.