Bream Fishing Recently

ctokowicz

Bream Fishing Recently

Post by ctokowicz » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:33 pm

I am just posting to see if anyone has been out fishing on the swan for Bream recently. Figured that as were getting towards spring that the fish might be a little more active. Hope to hear some good news. Tightlines everyone!!

Tony Ong
Club Member

Re: Bream Fishing Recently

Post by Tony Ong » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:41 am

Hi Chad. I haven't been out much for the bream this year, but from all reports, the fishing has been tough. The fish are around, and they have to feed some time. It's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Fishing should get better as the weather warms up. The flathead shouldn't be too far away.
Last edited by Tony Ong on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hirdy
Club Member

Post by Hirdy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:15 am

I haven't started chasing them yet Chad.

Soon though.

I hope.
IFFF Certified Casting Instructor

Diarmuid O Laoghaire
Club Member

Post by Diarmuid O Laoghaire » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:49 pm

Has been too cold. Might start now that the snapper ban is on.

Dee

MattGoodall

Post by MattGoodall » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Do u guys get a lot of flathead in the swam banks or here and there ?? I obviously haven't really targeted them that much but when its blown out over the summer ill have to hit up the flats in the boat and try nail some flathead. Its weird cos u don't hear of many people catching them down here but they must be around. When u walk in the estuary, there is heaps of baby ones in the shallows when u walk. mmmmm

Tony Ong
Club Member

Post by Tony Ong » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:10 pm

Plenty of flathead get caught in the shallows in the Swan. What's the fishing been like down your way Matt. We have a field day coming up in a couple of weeks.

MattGoodall

Post by MattGoodall » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Do u mean the lack of fishing haha. Trying to find a window of under 20knots when I'm not working is beyond hard lately.
But there was a warm spell yesterday before a thunderstorm and some guys got about 6 bream over 40 besides all the others,
but otherwise the fishing has been slow still a lot of rain and a lot of fresh cold water making the bream have lock jaw, but people that are persisting are finding some.

Other then that, not much happening out wide, there were sambos in close a few weeks ago, but again finding a window has been my worst enemy. Hopefully getting out this coming weekend. Not long till the mullas start moving

mat uchino
Club Member

Post by mat uchino » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:00 am

Went for a long walk & wade down past UWA at Pelican Point on Wednesday. Nice weather but the snot weed is till around in bunches & where that is the fish ain't. It'll come right in about a month if we get a few more hot days & the salinity of the river picks up.

Best thing about Pelican point is that dogs are banned so you don't get idiots throwing a ball around right were you've decided to fish.

Didn't stay for too long- a big something (probs a dolphin) surfaced near me so I kackked my pants & headed back to shore.

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:40 am

:lol: